Habitat for Humanity Hamilton is excited to announce our quarterly online 50/50 fundraiser. Support a great cause and grab your tickets now!
Proceeds from each draw will help support the meaningful work of Habitat Hamilton, helping us build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter in our local communities. We’ve been providing affordable housing to people throughout the City of Hamilton (and surrounding region) for 30 years and have been providing experiential learning opportunities, in the skilled trades, to local secondary students for over 10 years. We believe everyone deserves a decent and safe place to live.
The winner of each quarterly draw will be contacted to claim their prize.
Thank you for your support and best of luck!
Habitat for Humanity Hamilton’s Electronic 50/50 Lottery Rules of Play
1. All tickets will be sold only to people who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Tickets will be sold online using the electronic lottery system supplied by Rafflebox.
3. The lottery date below will occur in the Province of Ontario:
Draw number one ticket sales – Starting at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, November 1, 2021, ending on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 9:00 p.m. Grand-prize draw to take place on Tuesday, February 1, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). The winning prize will be half of the sales.
Draw number two ticket sales – Starting at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 2, 2022, ending on Sunday, May 1, 2022 at 9:00pm. Grand-prize draw to take place on Monday, May 2, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). The winning prize will be half of the sales.
Draw number three ticket sales – Starting at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 3, 2022, ending on Monday, August 1, 2022 at 9:00pm. Grand-prize draw to take place on Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). The winning prize will be half of the sales.
Draw number four ticket sales – Starting at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, ending on Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 9:00pm. Grand-prize draw to take place on Monday, October 31, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). The winning prize will be half of the sales.
4. Tickets are:
5. After purchasing tickets electronically, patrons will be provided a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
6. The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all lottery numbers sold for the draw, on the date and time specified.
7. The jackpot amount (50% of gross ticket sales) of the 50/50 will be determined based on the number and value of tickets purchased. This information will be updated in real-time on the lottery landing page located on Habitat Hamilton’s custom 50/50 webpage on the Rafflebox website.
8. The winning number will be announced on our lottery landing lottery page and on our Instagram account, @habitathamilton.
9. The winner may claim their prize by contacting Habitat for Humanity Hamilton at 905- 560-6707 ext. 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket will be verified either via photographic proof or in-person at the Habitat for Humanity Hamilton office, located at 285 Nash Road North, Hamilton, Ontario, L8H 7P4. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted on the lottery website. Cheque pick-up will be scheduled ahead of time or the cheque will be mailed, at the winner’s discretion. If picking up in person, the winner must bring the original winning ticket (no copies). All payments will be made by cheque.
10. The winning ticket holder has six months to claim their prize from the date of the draw their ticket was purchased for.
11. The winner must provide their name, address and phone number with picture identification for reporting purposes.
12. Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50 percent of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
13. In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning number will be kept on file in a secure location and held for six months. After that time period has elapsed, the prize will be donated to Habitat for Humanity Hamilton, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
14. The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws: Habitat for Humanity Hamilton staff, residents outside of Ontario, anyone under the age of 18 and people who are intoxicated at the time of purchase.
15. The above set of rules will be posted on the lottery website.
16. Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline: 1-888-230-3505 or www.connexontario.ca.