COVID-19 Response: After careful consideration, Habitat for Humanity Hamilton has decided to allow new volunteers back to the Hamilton ReStore and our build sites, with new safety training and procedures in place. New ReStore volunteers will be required to register and and sign up online to complete in-person orientations and training, starting Tuesday, August 11, 2020. If you are an individual interested in volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Hamilton, please begin your volunteer registration process here.
We kindly request that all volunteers bring their own mask and gloves. With that being said, we will have extras available for volunteers if you forget.
For everyone’s safety, please note:
- If you have traveled outside of Ontario, you must wait at least 14 days before you volunteer
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, you are not permitted to volunteer with us
- If you have experienced symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, you are not permitted to volunteer with us
If you are not feeling well, please notify us and do not attend your volunteer shift.
We work hard to ensure that our volunteers have an enjoyable and meaningful experience volunteering with us. And ensuring our volunteers’ health and safety is our main concern.
In order to ensure that each volunteer has a fun and safe experience with us, there are a few things new volunteers must complete before they can sign up and register for their first volunteer shift.
Please click the link below that best reflects your participation as a volunteer:
• If you are a new volunteer who seeks to complete mandatory hours for high school community service, for court-ordered community service or to complete partner family hours, please begin your volunteer registration process here.
• If you are a new volunteer who will be participating in a group or workplace opportunity, please begin your volunteer registration process here.
• If you are interested in learning more about how to book or schedule a group build day for your company, service club or group, please click here for more details.
• If you are an individual interested in volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Hamilton, please begin your volunteer registration process here.
If you have any questions about how to register or about volunteering, more generally, please contact Kathryn Fair, Manager of Families and Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 905-560-6707 ext. 102.