At Habitat for Humanity Hamilton, we’re committed to making our local communities stronger by providing families with a place to call home. Apply to join our team and help us make a meaningful difference in our local communities.
Please check back regularly for new postings.
CURRENT AVAILABLE OPENINGS:
Job Title: ReStore Floor Support/Customer Service
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Hours: Part-time (up to 24 hours/week)
The ReStore Floor Support/Customer Service Representative provides professional, friendly, accurate service in all procedures, working with customers on the floor. Tasks and duties include accepting and processing donations, loading and unloading merchandise, working with volunteers and assisting customers, as needed. Additional responsibilities include organizing inventory, greeting customers, stocking shelves, and providing assistance to the driver. Works in conjunction with our Receiving Coordinator, Driver, other store associates, and volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate walk-in donations from the public, including assessments and recording donations.
- Stocking shelves and product on floor
- Providing customer service on floor, as needed
- Keeping store entrance tidy
- Continually watching for gaps in displays and filling with merchandise
- Reporting areas of safety concern
- Assisting volunteers in various tasks, ensuring they adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures
- Assisting Driver, when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Customer Service, Sales and our Mission:
- Providing donors and customers with fast, friendly service
- Offering information on acceptable donations
- Resolving donor issues, complaints or insights and reporting to manager, as necessary
- Offering information regarding the role of the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity in our community
- Thanking each customer
- Ensuring store foyer, main aisles, and walking surfaces are safe by inspecting frequently for unsafe conditions
- Immediately correcting unsafe conditions or notifying the Manager
- Understanding location of all fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, first aid and spill kits.
- Reporting any incident/accident to the Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and friendly disposition
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- General knowledge of home improvement items and able to answer questions in a positive and friendly manner
- Safety conscious
- WHMIS training
To apply, please send a resume to Rhonda Stephenson, ReStore Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Hamilton ReStore Floor Support Applicant” to your subject line.