285 Nash Road North, Unit 1
Hamilton, Ontario L8H 7P4
At Habitat for Humanity Hamilton, we're committed to making our local communities stronger by providing families with a place to call home. Apply to join our team and help us make a meaningful difference in our local communities.
Please check back regularly for new postings. Current available openings:
Job Title: Floor Support Representative, ReStore (Part Time Permanent)
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Location: 285 Nash Road North, Hamilton, ON
Hours: 24-32 hours per week, between 9 AM and 5 PM
Building homes in Hamilton and the surround region, Habitat for Humanity Hamilton is looking for an organized and motivated applicant with experience in home renovation products and building supplies to work on the sales floor in our ReStore, merchandising product and supporting customers.
The Floor Support Staff work with all other ReStore staff and volunteers and are responsible for merchandising product, customer support, and leading volunteers as required. This position is occasionally required as relief point of sale support.
Founded in 1991, Habitat for Humanity Hamilton is an independent, not-for-profit housing program that works to break the cycle of poverty by building affordable housing and promoting homeownership. Habitat Hamilton’s mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners in order to break the cycle of poverty throughout Hamilton and the surrounding region.
Habitat for Humanity Hamilton strengthens its mission with the support of the ReStore, a social enterprise and home improvement warehouse that offers new and used affordable merchandise to the general public. The Hamilton ReStore is run by Habitat for Humanity Hamilton, accepting donations of quality new and used building supplies, home furnishing, appliances and décor. The Hamilton ReStore resells these new and used affordable materials to renovators, homeowners, small landlords, cottagers and bargain shoppers. Revenues generated by the Hamilton ReStore fund all administrative and operational costs. This means that 100% of donated funds to Habitat Hamilton directly support the Home Build Program.
For more information, please visit www.habitathamilton.ca.
• Understand and promote the mission and philosophy of Habitat Hamilton
• As part of the ReStore team, provide customer service to ReStore shoppers
• As part of the ReStore team, help with creating a welcoming environment for volunteers
• Support ReStore customers with location and selection of merchandise
• Answer questions in a professional, friendly manner
• Assist with the loading and unloading of merchandise
• Merchandise product and contribute to the cleanliness of ReStore
• Facilitate walk-in donations from public including assessments and recording donations
• Support volunteers in various tasks ensuring they adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures
• Assist Habitat Hamilton Truck Driver when needed
• Resolve shopper and donors’ issues and report to ReStore Manager as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
• Ensure store foyer, main aisles, and walking surfaces are safe by inspecting frequently for unsafe conditions
• Immediately correct and document unsafe conditions and notify the Manager
• Practice safe use of ladders and tools, and safe lifting
• Know location of all fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, first-aid and spill kits.
• Report any incident/accident to the Manager
• Excellent communication skills and a professional, friendly disposition
• Able to work independently and as part of the ReStore Team
• Knowledge of home improvement items
• Able to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Able to lift and load merchandise weighing 50 pounds
• Safety conscious
• Able to deliver and clean police check
How to apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com by August 28, 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Charitable # 13893 5267 RR0001